Monday, March 15, 2010

Never Look Away - Linwood Barclay


David Harwood is a newspaper reporter. He's been working on a story about a for profit prison being built in his small town. The editor keeps killing his story, even after he uncovers some shady dealings with local politicians. But he's really worried about his wife Jan. She's been acting oddly lately, saying disturbing things and just isn't her usual self. When she suggests a trip to an amusement park with their four year old son, he readily agrees, happy that she is acting more like herself.

What happens at the amusement park is the stuff of nightmares. And that's just the beginning...

And on that note, I absolutely refuse to give you any more of the plot! Suffice it to say, that Never Look Back had me on the edge of my seat. Barclay has crafted a non stop roller coaster of a plot, full of twists and turns that I never saw coming. The book starts off action packed and just never lets up. Barclay's foreshadowing had me reading just one more chapter long after the lights should have been out...

Have you read Linwood Barclay yet? If you're a suspense/thriller fan, than you will love this Canadian author!

Read an excerpt of Never Look Away.

Watch a video of Barclay discussing Never Look Away.

8 comments:

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Whoa - this sounds exactly like something I'd like! A suspenseful and thrilling book? Sign me up! I need to find this.

Emidy
from Une Parole

Darlene said...

Glad to see you liked it. I'm starting it soon. I love Barclay!

Donna said...

I have to try this author. Sounds really good!

Kerri said...

I enjoyed Fear the Worst, and am looking forward to getting my hands on a copy of this soon.

Simon Roberts said...

Hi Luanne,
I actually left a note on your Amazon review of this product, but thought I'd leave one at your blog as well. It seems that another Amazon reviewer (a Vine member) saw fit to use your review to bolster his review of Never Look Away.

I'm going to assume you never gave this person permission either because from what I've gathered based on the discussion on one of his other reviews, this isn't the first time he's done something like this.

I'd recommend sending an email to Amazon Vine (vine-support@amazon.com) to let them know about the situation and have them, at very least, remove the review.

Luanne said...

OMG! What a loser. Thank you so much Simon - I've sent an email to the addy you left - let's see if it gets taken down....

Simon Roberts said...

It looks as though either Amazon got your email and complied or the reviewer caught wind that he'd be getting into trouble and deleted your review, along with all the other reviews on which I commented linking to details of the plagiarism.

I call that one small win for the little guys. :)

Luanne said...

Amazon said it was gone when they went to look for it so he must have deleted it. Definitely a win.

There were more!?

Thank you so much for pointing it out! I'm thinking I should put a copyright on my blog.