Thursday, August 5, 2010

Over the Counter - #18

Cooking Light - What to Eat by the Editors of Cooking Light Magazine was the latest book to catch my eye as it passed over my library counter and under my scanner this week.

Yes, you've probably seen the Eat This, Don't Eat That series. This is very similar in layout. And we all know how to eat right eh? But it's always fun to look at pictures of healthy food and get motivated. (As you eat corn chips...)
 
From the publisher Oxmoor House:
 
"Cooking Light What to Eat delivers our best secrets and everyday advice on how to make smart, healthy food choices for you and your family. Designed as your personal food shopping guide, What to Eat walks you through every aisle of the supermarket from bread to dairy, from seafood to meat, from snacks to ready-to-cook products. With more than 500 photos, illustrations, and over 1,000 tips, this handy, compact book will help you consistently make savvy food shopping choices."
 
(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

You are so right - we all need reminders from time to time!

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Hey, this looks like a great book to own! I love how it supposedly guides you around the supermarket and "helps" you shop. Cool!

Patti V. said...

This looks awesome. I'll have to watch for it.