Thursday, November 4, 2010

Over the Counter #28

The latest book to catch my eye as it passed over my library counter and under the scannerthis week was Regretsy - where DIY meets WTF by April Winchell. I've subscribed to her blog for awhile now - it features the 'best' of the worst sold on the crafting site Etsy.

From the publisher Villard - an imprint of Random House:

"HANDMADE? IT LOOKS LIKE YOU MADE IT WITH YOUR FEET.
A chicken poncho. A painting of a corn dog. A clock made out of an old “mostly clean” cheese grater. All this and more await you in the pages of Regretsy, a veritable sideshow of handcrafts gone wrong. Based on the eponymous hit blog and arranged in categories such as Décor, Pet Humiliation, and Christmas, Regretsy showcases the best of the worst, ranging from the hilariously absurd to the purely horrifying. Each page of this jaw-dropping volume features the actual seller’s online listing with a light coat of snarky commentary to give it a good shellacking. So join us as we descend into handmade hell and gawk, gasp, and marvel at the disturbingly odd artifacts that Regretsy has collected for your viewing pleasure, proving that you can never have too much of a bad thing."
 
Michele  - this one's for you!
 
(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!) But I did read this one cover to cover!

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I've never heard of that blog but it sounds hilarious. I'm going to check it out.