Friday, January 22, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #89

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover 
UK cover
Carol Goodman's new book River Road is on my (ever growing) TBR list. The US cover is on the left and the UK Cover is on the right. Similar colours this week with the deep blue and also a similar tone with the bare trees and snowy road. That little yellow arrow sign on the US cover drew my eye. But this week, I'm going with the UK cover. I like the way the trees seem to tower over the road and the blue is just a little deeper and darker - a tad more ominous. And of course, I always like the UK tag lines. Any plans to read River Road?
Which cover do you prefer?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

The cover's are very similar but I think I like the US cover this time. The green font on the UK cover bothers me.

Marce said...

I can't wait to read this one. They are so similar not sure if I have a favourite to be honest.

Kay said...

I'm going with the US cover too. Like Kathy, I'm not terribly excited about that lime green font. And yes, I plan on reading this one. Have you read other books by this author? She's been on my list for a really long time.

Carol N Wong said...

This time I like the US cover better. Don't like the green font eitehr,

techeditor said...

The two are practically the same.

Jennifer Tar Heel Reader said...

This week, it's US for me. It's cleaner and I like the coloring of it.

Icewineanne said...

US cover for me too........I like the look of the trees on this cover over the ones on the UK cover. I'm not familiar with this author so I think I'll take a pass on putting this on my TBR list.