Friday, July 22, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #115

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
I've not read Michael Koryta before, but his new book, Rise the Dark is on my TBR list. Two very different looks this week. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right.  I like the colours of the US cover, but I'm really over the 'girl looking back over her shoulder' shot. (although is is a part of the plot)I would have picked it up to read the flyleaf without the girl on the cover. It seems a bit more sensationalistic than the UK cover. But, I'm going to go with the UK cover this week. I like the stark, black and white look, the empty road and the figure in black. Have you read Michael Koryta before? Which cover do you prefer? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I don't love either one but agree the UK cover is more appealing.

Jennifer C said...

I haven't read a book by this author before. I kind of like both covers equally this week. I'd be likely to take a second look at either one.