Friday, December 30, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #138

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
I do enjoy a good lighthearted read once in awhile, in between all the mysteries and thrillers. Here's one I've got my eye on. Miss You by Kate Eberlen. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. The heart is quite clever on the UK cover, incorporating the title. And there's a nice cover blurb from an established chick lit author. But I find it a little stark and I'm not sure I would be inclined to pick it up. By contrast, the US cover is very busy. (It reminded me a bit of a patchwork quilt - yes I'm a quilter). I think it gives a better idea of what the premise of the book is. (Missed connections over many years and locales.) So for me this week it's the US cover. Any plans to read Miss You? Which cover do you prefer? 
 You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. 

4 comments:

Patti V said...

I prefer the US cover. I'll plan to read this one, as it sounds right up my alley.

bermudaonion said...

I prefer the US cover as well.

Icewineanne said...

I agree with you that the UK cover is stark but i like the print design better than the US cover. Never heard of Ehlers but it looks like a pleasant escape, will add this to my list.
Thanks again for introducing me to another new author!

Icewineanne said...

Oops - Eberlen 😀