Friday, January 13, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #140

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
I picked up the first in Kelley Armstrong's new Casey Duncan series and was hooked. She's a detective in a remote Northern town that is completely off the grid - and populated by people wanting to hide. A Darkness Absolute is the second book, releasing in Feb/17 on both sides of the pond. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. So we've got cold weather on both covers. Interestingly the author's name has the bold bright font on the US cover, while it's the book title highlighted on the UK cover. An easy choice for me this week - UK cover. It conveys a better sense of danger with the running girl, the dark and the blowing snow. The US cover has a scary tree, but the character seems rather sedate. What about you? Which cover do you prefer?
Any plans to read A Darkness Absolute?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. 

2 comments:

Kay said...

I think the two covers are a tie for me this week. I like the tree in the US cover, but the UK cover is certainly more menacing. And, yes, I plan to read the book - after I read the first one. Why can't I figure out a way to read in my sleep? LOL

bermudaonion said...

I'm not crazy about either one but I think I like the US cover better.