Friday, May 5, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #157

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
Canadian cover
UK Cover
Australian cover
Peter Robinson writes of my favourite series - The Inspector Banks novels. The latest, Sleeping in the Ground releases in the summer or fall of 2017, depending on where you live! Well, a plethora of cover choices today - I found four different ones! The US cover is on the top left, the Canadian cover is on the top right, the UK cover is on the bottom left and the Australian cover is on the bottom right. Whew! Right off the bat, I find the US cover to be too pastoral for me. The cobblestones and red font appear on both the Canadian and UK covers. And I do like the Aussie picture of a graveyard, which seems to fit with the title, but I find the blue font a bit dull.  I'm torn between the Canadian and UK cover this week. I'm not too sure about the dead bride on the Canadian cover. But it does say murder mystery doesn't it? So, which cover to you prefer this week? Any plans to read Sleeping in the Ground.You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I don't like the woman lying on the ground in the Canadian cover so it's the UK cover for me this week.

Janice J. Richardson said...

I prefer the Australian cover. Perhaps it's the bird on the gravestone.

Icewineanne said...

I'm with Janice, prefer the Aussie cover :)