Friday, May 19, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover # 159

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US/Canadian cover
UK cover
I am sooo looking forward to Ruth Ware's latest novel, The Lying Game. She writes fantastic psychological suspense. It releases in late June in the UK and late July in North America. The US/Canadian cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. The UK cover seems a bit lurid to me, although the colours used are eye catching. And truthfully I'm tired of girl in danger pictures on covers. The US/Canadian cover intrigues me. The letters caught in the netting suggest something sinister. So, US/Canadian cover for me this week. Do you plan to read The Lying Game? Which cover do you prefer? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

3 comments:

Kay said...

I'm not crazy about either cover. That being said, I've already read this one and was not quite as pleased as I had hoped. I liked it well enough, but it didn't 'wow' me. Ah well. That happens with favorite authors. Hope you love it though. :-)

holdenj said...

The netting caught my eye as well, although the bit of color on the UK one is nice. Guess it's US by a hair!

Icewineanne said...

The netting on the beach is terrific. US/CDN cover wins it this week but I really wish publishers would add tag lines to our covers. The UK tag line alone would motivate me to pick this up :-)